Watch Charles Make Your Perfect Espresso!
In this video series, join Master Roaster Charles as he shows you how to make the perfect espresso.
Follow Charles’ tips and tricks to get your own perfect espresso at home:
- Start with good quality beans: your final product is only as good as the beans you use! Start with fresh, perfectly roasted beans such as Aladdin’s Medium Espresso Roast
- Grind the beans: You will want a fine grind for your espresso. You can get the best tips and tricks on what grind to use in our blog here
- Tamp the coffee grounds: “Tamping” the coffee grounds means to press them down. You don’t need to use a lot of pressure: one basic press down like the one Charles does in the video is enough.
- Prepare your cup: A ceramic or double walled espresso cup is the best choice. It should be slightly warmed (perhaps from sitting on top of the espresso machine!) before you place it in the machine
- Get your timer: You can guess at how long 20 to 25 seconds is, but for the perfect cup of espresso, use a timer! You should put it in the espresso machine for 20 to 25 seconds.
- Appreciate the crema: The crema is not just for drawing pictures in lattes! This layer of foam helps insulate the coffee. A good crema takes an espresso experience from good to great.
Want to know more? Find out what else it takes to make a perfect espresso here.